West Fraser is a growing, diversified wood products company with 50 locations and 9000 employees in western Canada and the southern United States. North America’s largest lumber producer, West Fraser has been recognized as one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers seven times. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Corporate Operations head office in Quesnel, BC is currently seeking a high caliber candidate for the role of:
As the Senior Woodlands Accountant in the Corporate Accounting Group, this role will provide analytic and accounting support on all issues impacting the Canadian woodlands operations of West Fraser. This position provides the opportunity to work with the company’s centralized contractor pay group, Segment Controllers, Regional Managers, and Vice Presidents on a variety of projects and day to day responsibilities.
This role includes leveraging technology resources to add efficiencies and share information. Occasional travel to mill sites throughout BC and Alberta may be required.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining financial reporting for our Canadian Woodlands operations,
- Detailed financial analysis of key Woodlands metrics,
- Assisting the Woodlands Segment Controller,
- Mapping existing processes and making recommendations for improvements,
- Being a key resource on the Softwood Lumber Trade File, including compiling log cost information as requested by the US Department of Commerce,
- Assisting with month end support and best accounting practices for our Canadian Woodlands operations,
- Developing a detailed understanding of the Woodlands business transactions and cycles, BC interior scaling, and logging contractor pay.
?The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation,
- Individuals with other business experience may be considered, such as Certified Financial Analysts,?
- Well-established organizational and communication skills,
- Detailed and proactive approach to work,
- A high level of motivation and energy,
- Strong computer systems skill set.?
Considered an asset:
- Forest industry experience is preferred,
- Experience working with LIMS and Oracle.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.? We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.?
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America, with annual sales of $6 billion dollars.? West Fraser is diversified in both products and geography.? The company has lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the US.? We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport.? Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.?
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by submitting your resume and cover letter online at www.6buxun.icu/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.